Online Penetration Testing Is The Ultimate Remedy To Keep Company Safe
Online Penetration Testing has proved to be the most beneficial factor for companies today. Data plays a vital part in each and every company while the companies strive hard to keep all their data secure. Hackers, on the other hand, are always in search of the loopholes that any company possesses to help them gain unauthorized access to the secured files causing security breaches.
During the penetration testing or pentesting, the auditors portray themselves as the external attackers would and try to bypass the security measures and break into the network of a company. They put their effort into detecting the hidden system flaws and determine the potential impact having on the operation, in case those flaws were actually exploited by the real hackers. Along with the thorough technical analysis of the client’s security tools, the assessment also measures the level of IT security awareness present among the staff of the company.
Internal And External Penetration Testing- How Pattern Drive Private Limited Conducts It
Penetration testing can be conducted both with or without the knowledge of the key information security personnel like the system and network administrators. Conducting a simulated attack without the knowledge of these employees will provide the senior management with a real scenario of the effectiveness of their existing security measures. Nevertheless, if the server and the network equipment has been poorly configured or the security teams respond badly to the simulated attack, this sort of unannounced penetration testing (pentesting) could cause disruption to the normal network operations.
Due to this reason, penetration tests are often subdivided into the internal and external stages. Firstly, our security experts try to hack the perimeter by installing malware on the workstations. If the external stage is successful, the experts will co-ordinate with the system administrators prior to the start of the assessment measures to counteract an internal attack.
Typical Penetration Testing Activities Carried Out By Pattern Drive Private Limited
The security experts at Pattern Drive Private Limited have conducted a lot of penetration tests on diverse systems for the clients that range from telecom companies to the banks to utilities and the government agencies. Distinctive online penetration testing activities performed by our team of security experts consists of:
- Attempt to hack the web interface of a company prior to the full-scale deployment.
- Integrating social engineering in order to test out the staff awareness which is followed by a security training program.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to an internal corporate network by targeting vulnerabilities like misconfigurations, default system settings or weak passwords.
Technical Penetration Testing
A technical penetration test locates the existing vulnerabilities in your IT infrastructure and offers practical evidence of whether they can be exploited any time. Below are the steps performed by Pattern Drive Private Limited experts during this testing:
- Gather various information about the client’s network utilizing the same source of information available to the attackers such as the internet, news and conferences.
- Map the client’s network and determine the types of devices, applications and operating systems by their reaction to an external stimulus.
- Discover the vulnerabilities in the client’s network services and applications.
- Attempt to exploit the discovered vulnerabilities utilizing relevant methods and penetration testing tools.
- Attempt to gain security control of wireless networks taking permission.
- Check the safety of the outer perimeter and the open resources against attacks like denial of service (DOS) with permission and much more.
Sociotechnical Penetration Testing
In many of the networks, ordinary users are the weakest link. All the attackers who can manipulate your employees may be able to gain access to the workstations from which they might access the confidential documents, data or customer accounts, post malicious content on the client’s websites, conduct spam or phishing activities using the customer contacts of the clients, use client’s network resources to launch attacks on the systems of the other companies or restrict client’s ability to do regular business.
Pattern Drive Private Limited can use social engineering techniques to discover the client’s staff level of security awareness and gauge their reactions to hacking tricks. Our testing methodologies typically targets selected user groups having different test scenarios applied to the various groups.
Why Would You Be Benefitted Opting Our Penetration Testing Service?
We at Pattern Drive Private Limited strive to provide the clients with detailed reports and solutions to effectively discard any vulnerabilities. The key deliverable that we provide in a detailed list includes:
- Test methodology
- Identified weaknesses within the information security systems
- Explanations against all identified vulnerabilities
- Conclusions relating to the level of security awareness among the users and overall network protection.
- Descriptions of the main areas of concern that includes information regarding the activities of the users in each of the target groups.
- All sorts of recommendations to mitigate the identified vulnerabilities.
We have extended our services to various parts of India and in the North-Eastern states, especially in penetration testing in Tripura. We have included our services to some of the major cities in Tripura like pentesting in Agartala, pen test in Amarpur, penetration test in Belonia, penetration testing service in Dharmanagar and more.